Within a month and a half of the announcement of the Ehsas Emergency Cash Program, the federal government has successfully distributed emergency cash to millions of families.
Prime Minister Imran Khan launched an SMS service in early April that connected deserving families to the government database of Ehsas Emergency Cash.
Under this program, the federal government provided Rs. 1 million. 12,000 to every family facing financial crisis due to ongoing coronavirus lockdown. According to Chairperson Ehsas Program, Dr. Sania Nishtar, 10 million families across the country will benefit from this offer.
So far, however, the federal government has transparently paid more than Rs 10 million. 101 billion out of more than 8.2 million deserving people to tackle the economic crisis in Pakistan amid COVID-19 epidemics.
She said that the total allocation for this program is Rs. 144 billion. However, if the demand for Ehsaas Emergency Cash is higher, additional resources will be set aside.
Who Can Apply?
According to one of her statements, one individual from each deserving family can apply for the program. However, the following people will not be eligible.
- Those who don’t have a valid CNIC.
- Current or ex-government (federal or provincial) employees and their spouses.
- Those who have traveled abroad in the recent past.
- Those registered to any other relief scheme under the federal government.
- Those who own a property.
- Have utility bills of more than Rs. 10,000
- Those who have mobile bills equal to or more than Rs. 1,000 per month.
- Those having a passport or having applied for one and their spouses.
- Whose three or more family members have availed CNIC with executive fees.
How to Apply
The government has straightened out registration for the program to ensure that even illiterate people with basic mobile phone knowledge can apply.
re is how you can do it:
- To get yourself enrolled for the emergency cash program, all you have to do is to write your CNIC number in an SMS and send it to 8171.
- The government will filter out your details in its socio-economic database.
- Within the next 24 hours, you will receive an SMS for confirmation or rejection.
- If you have been asked to contact district administration, you should not worry. Such people can apply online by using the Ehsaas web portal (here is the link: https://ehsaas.nadra.gov.pk/ehsas/).
In a TV interview earlier, Dr. Sania said that they have a comprehensive system in place to detect the applications from affluent people.
With the help of NADRA, we have developed two layers of people in our National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) database. In the first layer, the overall filtering based on various parameters, such as, based on their occupation, belongings, and bank balance, will identify the affluence of pepole
How to Track Your Ehsaas Application Status
In order to facilitate applicants and volunteers, the government has decided to launch a web portal which will allow them to check their application status for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program online.
The web portal will also allow beneficiaries, who are facing problems in their bio-metric verification, to receive payments through designated banks without prior verification from NADRA.
Habib Bank in Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan, Bank Al-Falah in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir will provide services to applicants.
How to receive money
People who go through the first layer will be identified as ‘poor’ in the system and will be considered eligible for the relief fund. After the due process, the system will send them a message with all the details of which bank they should visit to withdraw their emergency funds.
How to apply for Ehsas Emergency Cash in Urdu
Applying for Ehsas Emergency Cash in Urdu, you can download a PDF file containing all the information in Urdu. Here is the link.